Experience Opulence with John Walker & Sons King George V
John Walker & Sons King George V is not just a whisky; it’s a regal journey through time, paying homage to the historical connection between the House of Walker and British royalty.
- Immerse yourself in the opulence of a whisky fit for a king, inspired by the granting of a Royal Warrant to John Walker & Sons by King George V in 1934.
- Explore the rich history and heritage that defines King George V, a tribute to the enduring commitment to quality upheld by the House of Walker.
- Enchant your senses with the royal tasting notes that characterize this exceptional blend, promising a sip fit for a monarch.
Crafted for the Connoisseur ; Royalty in Every Drop
Why John Walker & Sons King George V is a Whisky of Distinction
For those who appreciate the finer things in life, John Walker & Sons King George V is a testament to the artistry of whisky-making and the pursuit of excellence.
- Delve into the tasting profile, uncovering the layers of complexity and sophistication that make this blend a connoisseur’s choice.
- Learn about the rare and aged whiskies that compose King George V, creating a harmonious symphony of flavors.
- Discover the occasions that warrant the indulgence of King George V, whether it’s a moment of celebration or a quiet evening of reflection.
A Collector’s Pride Whisky of Distinction
Why John Walker & Sons King George V Deserves a Special Place
For collectors and enthusiasts, John Walker & Sons King George V is more than a bottle; it’s a symbol of prestige and a rare gem in the world of whisky.
- Uncover the awards and accolades that distinguish King George V as a pinnacle of excellence in the whisky industry.
- Delve into the limited availability of this extraordinary blend, making each bottle a coveted addition to any collection.
- Consider the investment value of owning a piece of history, with a whisky that transcends time and trends.
john walker and sons king george v – Opulence Fit for Royalty with Aged Whiskies
A special extension of the Johnnie Walker range, King George V celebrates the first Royal Warrant granted to John Walker and Sons Ltd to supply Scotch whisky to the British Royal Household in 1934, and is apparently designed to recreate how JW might have tasted back in the day. Some Port Ellen has been used, alongside Cardhu, Lochnagar and some very old grain whisky.
Tasting notes by Simon Difford (diffordsguide)
Clear, dark golden with bright golden highlights.
Fruity Christmas cake soaked in sherry with linseed oil, nuts, vanilla and daffodil floral aromas.
Huge yet graceful with generous sweet fruit, vanilla, caramel and honey balanced by dry lightly smoky oak and spice.
Long, surprisingly smoky, salty, spicy finish.
Producer’s Tasting Notes
Profound smoky initial aroma followed by sweet, fresh fruit (apples, pears, bananas) malt characteristics; developing into rich dried fruit/spicy complexity (raisins, figs, cinnamon).
Smooth with a rich, fruity sweetness. Warming with subtle flavours of sandalwood and smoke.
Powerful, complex, rich and smooth.
Mouthwarming and lingering rich peaty finish.
Releases new flavours, more fresh fruitiness and more smoke on the palate.
- “John Walker & Sons King George V”
- “Opulence Fit for Royalty”
- “Whisky of Distinction Unveiled”
- “A Collector’s Pride”
- “Regal Elegance in Every Sip”
- John Walker & Sons King George V
- Royal Warrant
- Connoisseur’s Choice
- Collector’s Pride
- Regal Elegance
- Aged Whiskies
- Tasting Profile
- Limited Availability
- Investment Value